Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Applied Scientist II
Location: Seattle, WA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and open source community.
2. Evangelize deep learning technologies and services.
3. Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production.
4. Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning and/or natural language applications.
5. Develop and/or apply statistical modeling techniques, optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications in business and engineering.
6. Routinely build and deploy ML models on available data.
7. Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the Business.
8. Collaborate with other teams to find technical solutions to complex problems.
9. Mentor junior engineers and scientists.
10. Telecommuting benefits available.
A PhD degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Advanced graduate research must include:
1. Machine Learning or Deep Learning.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of C, C++, Java, Python, Scala or other programming or scripting languages.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.