Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a world-class leader to join our team and accelerate the adoption of AWS cloud computing services worldwide via partner solutions. The enterprise landscape is being transformed by the adoption of leading technologies deployed either on cloud or as SaaS, and both AWS and GSI partner, through their respectively broad and deep partner ecosystems, play an important part in this transformation. The focus of this role will be to deliver the ‘power of three’ to customers by working with AWS, a GSI partner, and a select set of transformative ISV partners to develop and bring-to-market value-add offerings and solutions.
As a partner development manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to build and execute a comprehensive ISV go-to-market with AWS’s largest GSI partner and a select set of industry ISVs. The PDM will maintain a network of senior GSI and ISV executive relationships to identify build and launch differentiated joint solutions that will drive significant, new, and unique business opportunities for our GSI partners. By establishing and growing business relationships, and driving partner plans with each assigned partner you will simultaneously helpour ISV partners get their products to the enterprise market faster, at scale, and on AWS.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales executives. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of the strategic ISV and SaaS landscape and dynamics, and a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, process, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling business cases and value propositions. While business oriented, the position requires a strong technical acumen and familiarity with cloud services and technologies, especially those delivered through ISVs.
Key job responsibilities
• Working with cross functional teams at the GSI partner, AWS, and select ISV partners to help build out “power of three” practices, clearly articulating the value to all the value of implementing and running these technologies on AWS
• Coordinating and participating in executive meetings to shape ISV-on-AWS-centric proposals and their delivery mechanisms
• Engaging the partners’ field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for ISV on AWS sales revenue through a focused and strategic set of customers
• Evangelizing internally throughout AWS, and externally with customers, the “power of three” value proposition and capabilities around architecting, implementing, and migrating these ISVs on AWS
• Developing deal and proposal constructs and mechanisms that can be leveraged by the broader global team
• Preparing and delivering business reviews to AWS and partner senior leaders
• 25% travel
• 7+ years of sales, consulting, or business development in the enterprise software and/or cloud space
• Experience in shaping and driving large software-centric deals: candidate should understand trends, challenges, dynamics, and prevailing business and technology solutions in the large-scale SaaS space that either inhibit or accelerate enterprise transformation
• ability to dive deep on business cases and financial models while simultaneously thinking big and creatively to best benefit the customer
• Familiarity with Software as a Service or other cloud-based technologies
• Business acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving large deals around emerging/disruptive technologies
• Advanced Knowledge of AWS services and technologies
• Previous experience driving growth within a GSI/SI organization with Software as a Service or other cloud-based technologies
• Previous experience working for Software as a Service or other cloud-based technologies in industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, financial services.