Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Cloud Software Development Engineer to help develop critical cloud services and web portals for Amazon Devices Org that drives the device health improvements release over release. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will take the lead in designing, prototyping, and building solutions to hard problems in the Amazon ecosystem. You will assist more junior engineers with designs and code structure to improve the functionality, quality, and maintainability of the team’s work. You will work closely with engineers, product and project managers, and other service teams to drive development from the concept stage to launch.
We are looking for hard-working and talented Software Development Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, highly optimized applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting-edge products used every day by people you know. In this role, you will:
• Design, implement and maintain a high-volume, highly available, microservices in AWS.
• Work with cross functional team in leading, building and guiding the Web Portal development and integration efforts.
• Be a champion for engineering excellence, applying best practices to all stages of the software development process.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 7+ years of experience in software development of large-scale data infrastructure and distributed systems
• 7+ years of experience in Web Programming, design and architecture of microservices
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Web Programming, or related field;
• Advanced knowledge in performance, scalability, security and enterprise system architecture
• Experience building solutions using AWS infrastructure like EC2 and/or Lambda
• Experience in System software and Microservices design
• Strong knowledge in React or in Angular frameworks
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
• Excellent communication and consensus building
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//