Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon Care, we’re on a mission to make healthcare easy. We are developing a healthcare experience that’s personal, transparent, and convenient.
This role is responsible for the coding and abstraction of clinical encounters in adherence with compliance and regulatory guidelines.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign opportunities based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded contributor.
Key job responsibilities
Responsibilities are as follows:
• Analyze records to assign appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes using ICD-10 CM and CPT-4. Ensure codes are accurate, up-to-date, and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations.
• Analyze rejections, denials, and outstanding claims to determine appropriate remediation action to resolve root causes and reduce/eliminate bill holds resulting from coding gaps.
• Identify clinical documentation deficiencies and query providers as appropriate for clarity and completeness.
• Audits clinical documentation and coded data to validate documentation supports services rendered for reimbursement and reporting purposes.
• Serve as coding consultant to clinical and administrative teams supporting Amazon Care.
• Manage work queues efficiently to ensure timely processing of claims and complete all necessary activity as defined in departmental policies and procedures.
• Participate in peer audits and peer training.
• Takes initiative for learning new skills and willingness to participate and share expertise on projects, committees and other activities, as deemed appropriate
• Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job
• Associate’s Degree in Medical Coding, Health Information Management, or active coding certification/credential (e.g., CCA, CCS, CPC) and
• 2+ years of coding experience in a physician practice environment
• Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
• Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy
• Excellent communication etiquette and internal/external customer service skills required
• Familiarity with ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases) codes and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) codes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Able to work independently
• Able to work remotely
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.