Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks an experienced technology public relations professional who is creative, self-motivated, and well-connected to drive corporate communications programs across APJ. As part of the APJ Strategic Communications team you will execute advocacy strategies, media campaigns, and influencer outreach programs to support corporate reputation and issues management objectives across the region.
The right candidate will possess deep familiarity with information technology (IT) security, digital policy, and innovation, have strong media relations experience, and a proven track record of executing dynamic PR programs to a wide range of audiences. You will be comfortable translating complex technology concepts into digestible stories.
You will be motivated by a dynamic, highly innovative culture and be able to exercise high judgement while acting quickly. You must be comfortable working on sensitive issues and communicating with media on topics that can impact AWS, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. Being a self-starter, having meticulous attention to detail, and the proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously is a must.
You will be able to coordinate across AWS’s business, locally and globally, to develop, align and implement appropriate engagement strategies. You will know how to manage and drive complex projects, but are also able to operate respectfully and collaboratively within wider regional and international structures.
This role can be located at one of the AWS offices across the APJ region and will require domestic and international travel.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead the delivery of a long-term corporate reputation communication strategy
• Build regional and local narratives on key reputation and policy topics that impact AWS, our customers, and the communities in which we operate
• Manage sensitive reputational issues with members of the media including during high profile issues cycles
• Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy and programs to drive awareness for the security of various AWS solutions, AWS security services, and the economic and social impact of AWS technology.
• Ensure factually accurate representation of AWS technologies, including AWS security services, in technology and business press
• Craft and develop suitable content including messaging, media releases, bylines, FAQs and corporate narratives
• Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns in country and regionally
• Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers, and evaluators in technology trade and business press across APJ
• Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
• Support development and execution of events and media engagements
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years of public relations experience
• Experience writing press releases
• Current experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts
• Portfolio of work demonstrating successful placement of B2B technology stories in mainstream, business, and tech trade publications
• Prior experience with IT security and policy PR
• Excellent media relations skills
• A track record of successfully executing corporate reputation and communication strategies
• Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology and the efficiency of cloud computing, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
• Ability to dive deep and bias for action
• Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
• A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.