Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to help Amazon provide the best customer experience by preventing eCommerce fraud? Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data and creating models using state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to solve real world problems? Do you enjoy collaborating in a diverse team environment? How about owning end-to-end business problems/metrics and directly impact the profitability of the company?
If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Amazon Buyer Risk Prevention (BRP) Machine Learning group. We are looking for a talented scientist who is passionate to build advanced algorithmic systems that help manage the safety of millions of transactions every day.
• Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable risk management systems
• Learning and understanding large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data for specific instances of risk or broader risk trends
• Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for risk management
• Working closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
• Working closely with operations staff to optimize risk management operations,
• Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
• Tracking general business activity and providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
• Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
• PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
• 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• A PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or relevant field
• 6+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
• Strong Machine Learning breadth and depth
• Strong skills with SQL
• Strong skills with Spark/Python/Perl (or similar)
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
• Good written and spoken communication skills
• Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us