Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you interested in working on the future of the Amazon Search page, developing a holistic, highly personalized platform that both delights and informs our customers?
The Amazon Search page touch the lives of hundreds of millions of Amazon customers every day, helping customers formulate better searches, in turn leading to higher converting experiences and enabling serendipitous discovery of products. As a software development engineer, you will develop technology that transforms the Amazon Search page, worldwide and across all devices, into a state-of-the-art personalized intent driven shopping experience. You will work with personalized and interactive widgets that will help the customers to find the right product and create an incredible shopping experience. All your work has a direct and visible impact on Amazon customers.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), Earth’s most customer-centric company and one of the world’s leading internet companies.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
• At least 7 years of professional experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
• At least 2 years of recent domain experience in any of the following: Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Search.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Python, C++, or C#.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field.
• At least 4 years of professional experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
• At least 4 years of recent domain experience in any of the following: Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Search.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Hands-on experience building machine-learning pipelines at scale.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to drive your projects to completion.
• Polished communication skills, with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services such as S3, EMR, Batch, etc.