Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon WebView team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow.
A successful candidate will be obsessed with quality improvement and automating tests for regression and new features. Responsibilities include understanding customer use cases, diving deep into the software development, and developing QA approaches to measure confidence in the product. You will work directly with development teams, test automation engineers, and peer QA teams to iteratively improve our software development process.
Key job responsibilities
As a QA Engineer on the Web Technologies Team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency. The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test automation and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques.
A day in the life
This role has key responsibilities working on a middleware component (WebView) on FireTV, Tablets and Echo Show devices, which is used daily by millions of customers. A day in this role would involve working with many stakeholders including QAEs, Developers, Technical Product managers, Product managers and Quality associate leads.
About the team
We are part of Amazon Lab126, which is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
- 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry experience
- 1+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role
- Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases
- Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language: Python, Shell Scripting, etc.
- Experience validating consumer user interfaces
- Experience working as embedded QA exercising AGILE methodologies
- Experience working closely with development and business teams
- Experience testing Android and/or iOS applications
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.