Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Echo Show, Echo Spot, and more. What will you help us create?
Amazon Devices is looking for expert Security Engineer to ensure that our applications are designed and implemented to the highest standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust. If you enjoy analyzing system services, operating systems, networks and applications from a security perspective, and you are skilled at discovering security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews.
In this role, you will:
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate security-focused tools and services including project leadership roles
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
- Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Participate in tier 2 and tier 3 security operations support
- Participate in incident handling
- Participate in projects that develop new intellectual property
Note: While the majority of our Security/Privacy roles are based in the Bay Area, CA and Seattle, WA areas, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Sunnyvale, CA, Austin TX.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience with security engineering
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Development experience in C, C++ and/or Java
- Experience with scripting (e.g. python, ruby, bash)
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.