Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about helping some of the best-known software vendors in the world to solve tough technical problems and use cloud computing technologies to develop and deploy large scale applications? Do you want to guide our customers to adopt agile operation models, build micro-service architectures, and leverage server-less computing? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, and the ability to think strategically about business and products? Do you like learning new things every day and work with cutting edge technologies?
As a Solution Architect with AWS, you will become a trusted advisor to our most strategic ISV partners, educating them on the value proposition of AWS cloud and participating in deep architectural discussions to ensure their solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the Amazon Web Services technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Amazon Web Services platform.
You will possess customer-facing skills that will allow you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables you to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key technical member of the ISV team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the Amazon Web Services platform.
- Provide architectural guidance and recommendations on running applications efficiently and reliably on AWS platform
- Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to present their offering on the AWS platform
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers and partners to assist them in deploying cloud-based solutions
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community
- Serving as a thought leader on AWS cloud at events, user groups, and hackathons
- Share customer feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS cloud
- Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
- Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (Delivery of production-grade solutions to be done by APN partners.)
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
30% travel is required.
Preference will be for candidates in US Pacific Time Zone and where AWS has a significant presence. San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Austin and New York City are preferred.
- 10+ years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
- 2+ years hands-on product development, implementation or consulting experience
- Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Experience architecting or deploying high volume, complex Cloud/Virtualization solutions. AWS specific experience working from a dev/ops perspective a bonus.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts verbally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, IT or equivalent technical degree
- Experience supporting ISV partners and programs
- AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The pay range for a position in Colorado starts at $122,300 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.