Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking for a leader who is passionate about Customer Experience, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations in the industry. As our Sr. Workflow Manager, he/she will execute capacity ramp up and ramp down across Customer Service internal sites, drive productivity and cost efficiency by systematically challenging operations teams across multiple geographies. The ideal candidate will possess a strong analytical background that enables him/her to analyze and standardize workflow activities across his/her team. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, ranging from short term to strategic to decisions requiring use of data collection and analysis. The successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, with a track record of successful relationship management, with experience generating and managing plans, reports, and analyses. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
This person would be responsible for managing the team that executes to short/long term capacity plans by aligning actual staffing to forecasted requirement. He/she will be leading a team of analyst and managers spread across multiple countries and will be responsible for their performance in ensuring staffing accuracy in the internal network for service level delivery. Strong initiative, team leadership, project management and quantitative skills are imperative, as well as the ability to lead and grow top-notch people. This will be a high visibility role and the candidate will have to interact with Sr. Amazon CS leadership on a regular basis to keep them updated on the network and participate in strategic long term planning initiatives. The successful candidate will:
• Work in lock-step with CS Operations, Capacity planning and Finance leadership.
• Coordinate with Operations, HR, Recruitment, Training and Facilities across multiple locations to execute short term and long term capacity movements
• Mitigate capacity risks by identifying dependencies across multiple operating units and sites. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations.
• Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of site performance via Key Performance Indicators.
• Manage a team of Analysts and Managers.
Additional Skills required
• Ability to be a cost owner and drive cost effective measures in the department and across the organization
• Ability to manage and drive process related automation with technical team where needed
• Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to put team priorities into a larger business context and make difficult tradeoffs caused by new or changed business goals and/or resource reductions
• 8+ years of management experience in a fast paced, rapidly changing operations environment.
• Project/Program management experience required
• Experience leading teams
• Graduate degree in a relevant field required. The ideal degree would be in engineering, operations, supply chain or a related field.
• An advanced degree in a quantitative field (mathematics, stats, engineering, or science or an MBA).
• Expertise in the use of technical/statistical tools to drive process improvements
• Capacity planning experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us