Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon we believe that every day is day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers
Area Manager Jr (Front Shif) is the responsible to run shift and is the point of contact with FCs and Delivery Stations. The role is responsible for managing and leading Associates and Process Assistants. Execute and monitor safety metrics, attrition, payroll, shifts, vacations, overtime and the AMZL OPS metrics; PPH, PPHA, TPH, Load Quality Andons, VTO, Number and capacity of Outbound trucks, cost per shipment, sortation process.
The impacts of this position are:
Operational KPIs and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
Area Manager Jr (Front Shift) should coach and mentor the Process Assistant team (hourly) to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of delivery processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing. This role also serves as a thought partner with other internal teams like project team to launch new stations and design new delivery models.
Key job responsibilities
• Create balance between: Work hard, Have fun and Make History with associates under scope
• Ensure the team execution to accomplish the business goals
• Support process improvement activities associated with process inefficiencies and/or new functions currently not performed in day-to-day operations
• Processes Mapping activities.
• Assist in the development, documentation, deployment and monitoring the key business processes which support all internal processes of AMZL Mexico.
• Follow up the KPIs of operations within the sort center.
• Actively supports and promotes organization change.
• Dive deep analysis of KPIs
• Support the ACES team, customer service or other upcoming goals.
• Measures drivers performance, discipline and customer experience service
• Internal audits execution.
• Support and participate in the quality initiatives, process change initiatives and assist the business to achieve year on year improvements within its operating plan.
• Implement change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better service Amazon customers, focus on reducing cost.
• Implement and develop the delivery stations workflow and metrics according to the standard work and book of processes
• High School Diploma or Bachelor Degree in progress
• 1+ years of direct management experience of employees and their performance.
• 1+ years of experience with performance metrics
• Candidates must have flexibility to work weekends and/or overnight shifts, if needed.
• English Basic Level
• Bachelor Degree completed.
• Demonstrated experience to effectively manage workload and meet aggressive deadlines.
• 1+ years management experience in a delivery, manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
• Management of a minimum of 20 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment).
• Interest in long-term career development in Logistics & Transportation.
• Experience working and managing 3PL operations.
• Conversational English.