Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for an exciting role where you can analyze and develop end-to-end risk management processes with big improvement impacts to protect our customers? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its global presence, with AWS Security being at the forefront of protecting our customers.
The Business Risk Management (BRM) team within Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced and self-motivated risk professional with a proven record of identifying, organizing, leading, and controlling the risks in the AWS Security space.
A successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage and iterate an innovative approach to identifying, assessing, and driving remediation for risks in AWS Security (from the most established such as storage and computing, to the most innovative such as quantum computing). The candidate must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges and adjusting to sudden and frequent change. This role acts as a key liaison with AWS Security teams and related Amazon corporate teams.
The right candidate is someone who thinks big, understands risks and enjoys innovating brand new controls/solutions to mitigate risks.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Identify, assess, manage, remediate, and track a broad range of risks (e.g.: strategic, operational, financial, …) in complex IT systems and processes;
• Own and drive a relationship with key business stakeholder(s) in the AWS Security space, diving deep into their internal processes to develop broad domain and technical understanding and identify potential risks;
• Work cross functionally with service, infrastructure, security teams, and related Amazon corporate functions;
• Bridge communication with both technical engineering and business teams to successfully capture risk mitigation activities;
• Communicate to leadership the status and key deliverables of team initiatives, seek diverse opinions and coordinate improvement efforts;
• Mature and develop innovative approaches to the management of risks in a manner that effectively and efficiently manages the risks while meeting the needs of internal customers and minimizing business impact;
• Assist with linking policy, standard operating procedures, controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management;
• Drive process improvement and control implementation projects through coordination with AWS teams. This includes the resolution of risk identification and the execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 10+ years of risk management experience in IT and/or Financial Services
• 7+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field
• Bachelor’s degree
• Have a record of delivery of risk frameworks, IT process remediation/improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies;
• Experience defining security, resilience and compliance strategies;
• Have experience in performing technical assessments and documentation of products and services, as well as auditing IT processes;
• Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls;
• Highly organized and able to build trusting relationships with stakeholders at various levels of the organization;
• Experience effectively articulating recommendations/conclusions, both verbally and written;
• Strong ability to motivate people, instil accountability and drive results;
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role;
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.