Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Corretto team is launching a new metacircular Java runtime to transform large scale workloads across multiple architectures and we are looking for talented and ambitious Software Development Engineer – Test (SDET) to join this fast growing team. This role will be responsible for the automation of all aspects of testing, analysis of results, and bug lifecycle. However we want candidates with a dev-ops background, a desire to innovate in this space, to design and enhance automation solutions which will provide test services for functional, integration and performance requirements. Candidates will also get the opportunity to learn about existing Corretto runtime internals as well as the new metacircular runtime so they can better diagnose and reproduce possible issues.
Key job responsibilities
• Design and develop automated tests (Java/JUnit preferable) and common libraries for use by the automation framework
• Understand existing AWS lab infrastructure and develop new infrastructure to meet the needs of the product development, the following technologies a plus; ec2, MySQL, ELK, Terraform and Ansible
• provide valuable peer review for other members of QA who work on similar products and projects
• Creating test plans for proposed product features, and present to development/QA teams, later translating such plans into
• work supporting customer escalations and help with triage of all critical product issues.
• Mentor junior members of the team and provide training and support to new joiners
• 4 years Java automation using junit (preferable)
• Strong knowledge of Java data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
• Proficient in Linux (any flavor, centOS/amazon Linux preferable)
• Experience with frameworks such as Spring/Coral
• Experience with middle-ware such as bobcat/tomcat
• Experience with test methodologies and software development lifecycle working knowledge of version control (preferably git)
• Use of Java build tools such as maven/gradle (brazil)
• DevOps experience experience including AWS EC2, Terraform, Ansible, Docker
• Experience with Jenkins and/or pipelines
• Performance testing skills including industry standard benchmarks
• Experience with data mining such as Elasticsearch/Kibana or other mining tools
• Experience with designing and building large-scale web services using AWS technologies
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.