Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders, we try new things, and imagine big dreams. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers. Come join us and work with the latest cloud technologies that enable our customers to adopt cloud based solutions.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role is in the ISV team in Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), based out of our New Delhi office. You will work directly with a variety of customers from our ISV segment. There will be a lot of variety: ranging from large, established ISVs to businesses who are the early stages of their cloud journey.
As a Solutions Architect you’ll help your customers plan their successful journey into the cloud and then adopt modern application architectures that give them the maximum advantage from cloud services. You’ll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You’ll drive discovery of their application and infrastructure estates and lead technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
You will collaborate with partners, business developers and specialist SMEs to help your customers adopt modern, cloud native architectures as they migrate to cloud. Your goal is always to work backwards from your customer’s business needs and accelerate their adoption of the most appropriate AWS technology. The ability to learn new technology and develop industry relevant architectures and convey business value is critical to the role.
Building relationships to understand our customers is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you’ll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You’ll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
You’ll also act as a thought leader in the wider community. This includes playing a lead role in educating, sharing best practices, presenting at events, writing white papers, blogs, and running workshops. You won’t just want to be part of an industry movement; you’ll want to be leading it.
As a Builder, you’ll also have the chance to shape the direction of our products and services. This is through gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
Want to find out what it’s like to be a Solution Architect at AWS? Watch this video (https://bit.ly/3keYcC9).
- Background in any other following or related to Technology Architect, Consultant, Cloud Architect, Technical Lead, Software Developers, Engineering Lead, Sales Engineer, Pre Sales Engineer or Systems Engineers, etc.
- Experience and/or deeper understanding in one or more technology areas (e.g., software development, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics).
- Experience in re-architecting complex applications to cloud-native architectures
- Experience in discovery and cloud migration planning for medium and large application estates
- Can create proof of concepts, demos, and/or scripts from scratch or leveraging reusable components.
- Understands and can articulate common architectural patterns and design principles
- Can take the lead on a complex technical project, which may require the participation of other teams to deliver.
- Able to create technical content that is easily adopted and reusable by others.
- Able to present to technical and business audiences (training, workshops, publications)
- Accommodate occasional travel
Location : Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi
- Experience architecting, migrating or transforming customer requirements to the cloud
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- One or more AWS certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- Demonstrated thought leadership through public speaking and / or publications
- 10 years’ experience as a Solution Architect or related role.
What if I’m not an expert in all qualifications? That’s okay! We hire people who have a passion for learning and are curious. You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills. This includes formal and informal training, a chance to gain AWS certifications and mentorship opportunities. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don’t mind being called “peculiar.” We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we’re comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don’t wait, apply today!