Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. We obsess over providing world class support to Sellers selling on the Amazon. We strive to predict the Seller’s needs before they recognize they may have a problem.
The Account Health Support Ops Manager is responsible for the overall long-term success of the program and ensuring the expansion, frugality, and highest standards are met. High level of input and engagement on strategy marketplaces and all verticals within AHS. The Ops Manager is also responsible for ensuring that our Operations Team is providing timely and efficient service to our Sellers by optimizing the productivity of team that results in a perfect Seller Interaction, while adhering to AHS program processes. In addition, they are responsible for leading worldwide pilot initiatives and effectively calibrating with Program Managers on timelines, execution and results. They work in close conjunction with the Site Manager and Global Process Office and are a pivotal part of the long-term success of the program and the rebuilding/maintenance of trust between Sellers and Amazon.
The successful candidate will have a commitment to achieving excellence in the Operations and Seller experience, and therefore a strong record of customer focus, a passion for employee development and a keen interest in process improvement are key requirements for this role.
Key job responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead by example, motivate others to excellence and insist on the highest standards around performance, behaviors, and Seller interactions. Solution focused, with passion for people leadership and a drive to nurture a culture of innovation reinforcing the value of the Amazon leadership principles. Excels at providing coaching and mentoring to others with a goal of achieving success. Advocate for engagement, fostering teamwork and collaboration towards achieving team goals. Tenacious, enthusiastic, and passionate about the employee experience. Other key strengths include: solid organization, ability to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects at the same time, enthusiasm toward teammates and team objectives, and excellent interpersonal skills.
A day in the life
Strong business acumen, exceptional organizational, people and process management and an inquisitive nature. The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon core business values and initiatives, and translate those into everyday practices. They will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment and will display creative and analytical problem solving skills with an unrelenting passion for excellent service to our Sellers.
This position requires a candidate who has the ability to stay focused and keep up with our continuous and fast-paced growth all while motivating others to meet the daily challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to employee development (including an emphasis on selection and retention), as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation and intelligence. Strong communication skills as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude are required.
About the team
About the team
- 8+ years’ experience in operations management
- 3+ years’ of people management experience.
- Experience interpreting data to make business recommendations
• Minimum B2.2 level German Language Certification is Mandatory, C1 preferred
• Demonstrated ability in managing reporting and analysis
• Demonstrated ability to put team priorities into a larger business context and make difficult tradeoffs caused by new or changed business goals and/or resource reductions
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people are a must
• Strong written skills
• Project Management experience preferred
• Proven ability to make and implement decisions.
• Proven ability to build relationships quickly.
• Solution focused, with passion for people leadership and a drive to nurture a culture of innovation reinforcing the value of the Amazon Leadership Principles.
• Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
• Excels at providing coaching and mentoring to others with a goal of achieving success.
• Demonstrated ability to lead by example, motivate others to excellence and insist on the highest standards around performance, behaviors, and Seller interactions.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in highly ambiguous environments.
• 5+ years successful experience in Operations Management in a contact center environment
• Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma
• Bachelor’s degree