Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Global Risk Management and Claims team is seeking a Senior Risk Manager to lead the corporate insurance team. In this role you will lead, develop, and manage Amazon’s insurance programs, with a focus on Casualty, International, Cyber, Aviation, Property, Media, Cargo/Transportation, FinPro, Directors and Officers, and Trade Credit. This role will communicate the strategy, metrics, and goals across multi-organizations tied to our global insurance programs.
This position will join a technical risk team that is responsible for assessing, mitigating, and managing Amazon’s global insurance programs. Successful candidate is a strong team player with willingness to “roll up their sleeves,” is able to earn trust quickly, and is effective at managing risk with and through others.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Lead a team responsible for corporate insurance programs, M&A, global contract review, and surety.
• Develop insurance renewal strategies and program design/structure that align with Sr. Leadership’s risk tolerance, including use of risk transfer, captives, and self-insurance.
• Manage relationships with brokers, carriers, vendors, and other peers in the industry.
• Effectively communicate/recommended risk mitigation strategies to cross functional and senior leadership teams.
• Partner with internal stakeholders on insurance program design, retentions, and claims management.
• Work with global business units to develop insurance product offerings and implement strategies to solve expanding business needs.
• Assist with risk assessments and mitigation.
• Review and implement appropriate insurance and risk management processes in merger and acquisition activity.
• Utilize and/or establish analytics, metrics and benchmarking through multiple sources to evaluate loss trends and cost of risk to prioritize resources. (E.g. Risk Management Information System, actuarial reports, and broker data)
• Develop business proposals and case studies for presentation to senior leaders.
• Identify trends and themes in data, determining issues that need to be addressed.
• Possess a deep functional and applicable knowledge of Captive insurance programs.
• Collaborate with multiple internal and external business teams for management of complex projects.
• Own the development and execution of communications to relevant stakeholders regarding project goals, roles, responsibilities, and objectives for business critical projects.
• Take an active role in our focus on continuous improvement, as we are always on the lookout for ways to advance our processes, product quality, and overall efficiency.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation to management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus constraints.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
• Be the driving force that manages all moving pieces to ensure successful and on-time delivery.
• Influence leaders and teams across Amazon, sometimes challenging proposed solutions while advocating for the customer.
Virtual location flexibility dependent on candidate experience and proximity to key stakeholders.
- 12+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• College degree or advanced degree
• 15+ years of insurance industry experience
• Track record of communicating and negotiating with internal and external C-Level stakeholders with high impact leadership for situations where no playbook exists
• Experience in a leadership role in risk/insurance, across a diversity of traditional and non-traditional risks
• Results oriented and able to successfully translate strategic vision to tangible actions and customer-centric measurable results including strategy, financials, people, process, data and technology
• Interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing with employees and outside partners, recognizing and appropriately responding to others’ perspectives.
• Ability to challenge status quo and drive change where appropriate. Thrives on change, pace, action and accountability, and can adjust to changing priorities.
Resident of Colorado: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $63,700 111,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.