Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the Public Sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with a key Public Sector systems integrator (SI) who is reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions? Do you have the business development experience necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector Partner Team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
• Manage a large Systems Integrator (SI), developing and advancing relationships and growing AWS revenue through this partner.
• Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
• Understand and navigate Public Sector contracting vehicles and procedures.
• Set a strategic sales plan for your target market and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the Public Sector.
• Execute the strategic sales and business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Deep understanding of the partner’s capabilities and solutions that will delight customers.
• Work closely with Partner Solution Architects (PSA) and the partner’s technical team to ensure partners deliver quality result.
The Partner Account Manager is an individual contributor role but will be responsible for providing global business leadership and management for a key Global Systems Integrator (GSI) for the US Public Sector business. You will define a CXO relationship strategy, including engaging with AWS senior leaders for executive sponsorships, coordinating executive business reviews, and maintaining customer satisfaction. You will build and maintain key relationships, develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities, monitor deployment projects and engage virtual resources. You will be responsible for driving revenue growth and KPI’s, enablement and overall end customer adoption across all market segments.
The ideal candidate will possess the business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, the channel experience to understand the needs and capabilities of a GSI, the maturity to work with internal and external global stakeholders to achieve desired goals and outcomes. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field.
• 5+ years experience working with a large global organization as lead Account and Relationship Manager.
• 5+ years of people management experience.
• 1+ years of knowledge of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS).
• 5+ years of large complex deal negotiations
• Self-starter and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to collaborate to solve complex business challenges.
• Experience using Salesforce (reports and CRM).
• Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the public sector.
• Excellent writing skills. The ability to author original text including detailed sales forecasts and strategy planning documents.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead executive level meetings understanding the audience and the ability to conduct EBC type activities.
• Established network within the government partner and Healthcare space.
• Experience developing and lead the go-to-market strategy and execution for a Global Systems Integrator.
• Experience developing an indirect sales channel, growing partner competencies, and delivering sell-through revenue.
• Ability to drive strategic technology discussions at multiple levels with partners and customers.
• AWS Certifications a plus
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.