Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you excited about the power of video to engage, entertain and effectively communicate brand messaging to customers? People are watching more video than ever. As we continue to see a shift in viewing habits, there is a rise in the need for fast and simple video production capability to allow everyone to access video and enable more creative diversity. We have an opportunity to shape the future of video advertising and evolve video experiences.
The Vivid team in Edinburgh is the video technology arm of Amazon’s video demand advertising business and also powers engaging video experiences world-wide across Social Advertising, Prime Video, Amazon Retail and Amazon Advertising. Vivid provide creative automation solutions that can operate at Amazon scale, enable video experimentation and build products that make the complex and expensive world of video accessible to everyone. Our mission is to empower all advertisers to create and augment video experiences for screens and formats. This could be anything from online video on mobile and desktop to video advertising commercial spots in TV and movie content.
Key job responsibilities
As part of talented team of engineers, program and product managers, you will direct, mature and grow new video creative products from the Vivid team, and develop new video opportunities to bring video to all of Amazon’s advertisers, regardless of size. This is a fantastic opportunity to drive impact in the growth area of video advertising with influence over video strategy across Amazon.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Driving product strategy for Vivid’s video creative products, developing short, medium and long-term features
- Setting and owning goals which align cross-team contributions and measure progress towards achieving your vision
- Owning and driving a product roadmap, prioritization and trade-off decisions within and outside of the team
- Championing and gaining buy-in for product strategy from partner teams through collaboration, documentation, and negotiation
- Collaborating with Design, Engineering, Program Management and other Product Managers to develop, test and launch features
- Leading the development of stories and requirements that will be used to create product specifications
- Represent your product with Senior Leadership and other stakeholders, executing a communications strategy, highlighting program successes, failures, lessons learned, and risk/mitigation plans in a timely fashion, as an owner
- Experience in technical product management, program management or engineering
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of digital / display advertising
- Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
- Strong sense of ownership, with an ability to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and quantitative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.