Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of the Halo Body team that owns the full stack experience behind the Body Composition feature in the Halo Health and Wellness Membership. You will be working closely with scientists, engineers (app, cloud services, data) and program managers to build delightful Mobile app experiences for our customers. Excellent communication skills in addition to core engineering skills are essential, along with a strong background in mobile app development.
You will contribute to the definition, development, integration, , documentation, and support of mobile applications. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of application software development, data structures and analytics, communication skills, and demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects. Successful candidates must be motivated to work in product environment, build compelling app experiences, have a desire to drive process improvement, and capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to working software solutions.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 3+ years of experience in React Native, Java, Kotlin, Swift, and/or Objective-C in the development of mobile applications
- Proficiency with architecture of mobile applications
- A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
- Firm understanding of software development principles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//