Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Want to use your software development skills to change the world? Join us as we revolutionize publishing by building technology to allow creative people globally to earn a living doing what they love.
We are looking for a skilled software developer to design and deliver end-to-end experiences supporting content ingestion, quality and publishing, building performant and scalable systems of the highest quality in support of the Kindle Direct Publishing service.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. In this role, you will deal with highly ambiguous problems, taking full control and responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems. Above all, have fun and enjoy being a key part of a highly productive development team.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals Experience in cloud computing, especially with Amazon Web Services
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
- Experience developing RESTful web services and complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
- Experience working with cloud architecture, web services, and web sites
- Experience working with Linux
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.