Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our innovative technologies, extensive global retail selection, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers. Employees come to Amazon to do meaningful work, and we make that easier by removing barriers, fixing defects, and enabling self-service.
We are looking for a Program Manager for Screening Services, to function as an independent program owner in the transportation screening space. The diversity of workers at Amazon is unprecedented, and this creates a significant opportunity for a new leader. Amazon is the fastest growing large employer in the world, and we need to deliver screening services, including background checks and drug tests, at the fastest rate, with the highest quality, and with the maximum flexibility a unique business problem that no other company in the world is facing.
In this role, you will interact with fast-moving business stakeholders, and your challenge will be to design and deliver an optimized and flexible shared service (consisting of vendors and operations) that responds quickly to diverse and quickly changing needs but remains accurate and compliant. You will require data-driven judgment, and be able to earn trust with your customers. The programs within this portfolio are varied and you will need to look across programs and businesses to identify innovative and out-of-the-box solutions that will deliver significant impact. This includes designing new programs and continuously re-inventing existing programs to better serve our customers. Successful Program Managers within this group are strategic innovators who can pivot quickly, thrive in ambiguous environments, turn strategic vision into tactical solutions, and are always looking at the data to drive ongoing improvements.
Key job responsibilities
- Leadership Manage global initiatives, programs and services; work to understand the space; develop and implement long-term scalable solutions; drive alignment between stakeholders through strong leadership
- Innovation Understand current state, and identify creative solutions to shift the way we think about our programs and services; move beyond our current approach to view our space from an entirely new lens
- Deliver Solutions Design and implement new or modified processes to meet short-term and long-term needs related to Screening programs; build on past experience with successful project delivery, particularly in deploying global services and technologies at scale
- Communication Communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and senior business leaders, both verbally and in writing
- Measurement Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning and ultimately realizing intended ROIs; balance skills to dive deep into the data to drive decisions, while also maintaining strategic long-term view
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Experience delivering cross functional projects
- A passion for invention, experimentation, and learning
- Quick self-started learner with a desire to deep dive and leverage data to drive decisions
- A strong track record of sustained and continuously improving operational excellence.
- Proven ability communicating and influencing across job levels with both internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment