Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come Shape the Future of Transportation! AWS IoT FleetWise is a managed service that makes it easy to collect vehicle data, transform it, and then transfer it to the cloud to gain insights about your fleet(s) of vehicles. More details about our product is at: https://aws.amazon.com/iot-fleetwise/
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and transportation. In the future, transportation of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. AWS aims to power the future of transportation through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of transportation!
Are passionate about technology and seeing how it can shape the physical world around us,
Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity.
Are comfortable designing and leading complex software projects.
Are excited about the incredible opportunity represented by connected vehicles.
Take ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best,
Key job responsibilities
You will work backwards from the customer and distill customer requirements along with the Product Manager. As a back-end engineer, you will design and develop micro-services and Rest APIs at large scale. You will build, deploy and maintain backend software components to extract, transform and load billions of data sets with minimum latency. You contribute to the internal and customer facing technical specification of our products and work with engineering and product leadership to shape the forward looking roadmap/ strategy. You ensure industry best practices are followed in design and architecture decisions, bring emerging technologies into designs when appropriate.
- 8+ years of professional software design and development experience
- 8+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language at least one OOP language such us Java or Scala,
- 8+ Experience in at least one scripting programming language such as Python/Ruby or Perl.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Relevant experience working with big data processing pipelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Possess a sound understanding of the basic areas of Computer Science and Engineering such as Algorithms, Data Structures
• Familiar with Automotive Network Protocols such us CAN, LIN, SPI, Ethernet, FlexRay.
• Experience with open source tools and resource
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
• Ability to Establish non-functional requirements (security, reliability, maintainability, usability, etc.) at the solution level