Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) is built around Amazon’s world class capability in ordering, fulfillment, transportation and Customer service. By leveraging our current scale and supply chain, FBA can provide a low-cost alternative for fulfillment and enable third party Sellers to rapidly grow their business. As mentioned by Jeff Bezos in his annual letter to shareholders, FBA is one of the strategic long-term opportunities for the company to improve the lives of Sellers and buyers while leveraging our billion-dollar logistics infrastructure to generate increasing free cash flow and triple digit return on invested capital. The FBA Support Operations team reviews Sellers’ financial and inventory related questions, and ensures they are addressed in accordance with policy. We believe consistency is the foundation to the world class service we provide our Sellers, and Support Operations is at the center of ensuring consistent and fair evaluation of Seller reimbursement requests.
The Seller Outreach Team in FBA Support Operation leads proactive consultation for FBA Sellers to eliminate inventory defects. The Seller Outreach team works in collaboration with the Defect Management team to build innovative solutions that help us identify, resolve and prevent defects during our fulfillment processes.
Position Description: Support Ops Specialist
A Support Ops Specialist of Seller Outreach Team acts as a primary interface between Amazon and third-party sellers through proactive phone and email communication. This position is responsible for researching Seller defect trends, identifying possible areas of investigation, and talking to sellers to understand, educate, and prevent future defects. In addition, this role will be expected to continuously expand skills and handle seller reimbursement requests according to business requirements. A successful candidate meets or exceeds the goals in their current space, is punctual and reliable, has excellent investigation skills, and oral and written communication skills.
Key Responsibilities includes:
• Responsible for managing time effectively and independently to research seller accounts, understand trends, and prepare to contact sellers
• Communicates with sellers and business partners effectively using clear and professional oral and written communication
• Reliably documents outcome of phone conversations with Sellers in tools provided enabling metrics and trends to be established
• Conducts multiple phone conversations with Amazon Sellers daily that actively seek solutions through logical reasoning and data interpretation
• Provides prompt and efficient service to Amazon Sellers including the appropriate escalation of Sellers’ issues
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor while handling sensitive information and protecting the interests of the company
• Contributes to a positive team environment and proactively aids team members with difficult contacts as needed
• Maintains accountability to attendance, productivity, and quality expectations while adapting to the changing requirements of the business
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese
• Desire to constantly expand skillset
• Ability to quickly learn new computer-based tools; experience in Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to embrace constant change with flexibility
• Able to apply appropriate sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs
• Able to communicate effectively, communication, composure, and professional attitude
• Exemplary performance record, particularly with regard to quality & productivity
High energy, solution focused with a passion for customer service. The ideal candidate will demonstrate keen logical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to understand and empathize with Sellers. Willingness to work to high performance targets as well as an inquisitive and improvement-based approach to work are critical competencies for this role. The Seller Outreach demonstrates end to end ownership of every Seller interaction and couples this with proactive problem solving to provide exceptional support to Sellers.
• Education: Bachelor Degree or above
• 6 + months experience within a customer service /contact center environment
• Business acumen in areas of e-commerce and retail
• Process improvement experience