Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer – Test who will help us build next generation in-vehicle driver experiences for the drivers who use Amazon’s mobile delivery application for package delivery.
Amazon’s delivery app is the system that collaborates with crowd-sourced and third-party delivery partners to complete deliveries for many of Amazon’s programs. Our mobile applications work in concert with our advanced logistics systems and predictive analytics. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation, and much more.
You will learn about Amazon’s logistics network, interact with other teams to build optimized systems, and have autonomy to deliver software which impacts multiple delivery provider programs.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive. An individual that has the wisdom and know how to create an infrastructure to support a truly world-class product development team. This is an opportunity to build the automated test infrastructure of your dreams.
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Integrate with SCM infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
5+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test(SDET) with strong object-oriented design and coding skills.
Demonstrated experience in Test framework design and development.
Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like Espresso, Appium for Android and iOS.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard Mobile test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
• Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
• Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
• Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.