Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Want to join a newly launched Machine Learning (ML) powered service that makes it easy to improve an application’s operational performance and availability? Amazon’s DevOps Guru service detects behaviors that deviate from normal operating patterns so customers can identify operational issues long before they impact customers.
DevOps Guru uses machine learning models informed by years of Amazon.com and AWS operational excellence to identify anomalous application behavior (e.g. increased latency, error rates, resource constraints, etc.) and surface critical issues that could cause potential outages or service disruptions.
In this role, you will manage a team focused on building new features extending the functionality of DevOps Guru. This position within the Amazon DevOps Guru org presents a unique and rare opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies, and get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business shaping the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup (V1) environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of leading engineering teams
• 10+ years experience in computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
• 5+ years experience in at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, or Python
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience building large scale distributed services
• Experience managing development teams
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.