Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
You will be working on Amazon Luna, a cloud gaming service that lets you play PC and Console quality games on Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Windows PC, Chromebooks, Mac, iPhone, iPads and Andoid devices. We have a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge game streaming solutions and products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver these new solutions. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, technical invention, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon’s current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner – you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
We are building backend services, frontend UIs, apps, skills, scalable algorithms, and prototypes. You don’t need to be an expert in all of these, but the right candidate is excited and willing to learn to take on these challenges. This role in particular is focussed on building and growing our Fire TV and Tablet experiences.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Design/development skills including experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production
- MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Experience developing consumer facing front end solutions and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability, or experience building scalable, reliable applications on mobile platforms
- Experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.