Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Come join Amazon S3, the industry’s first and largest cloud storage provider, and one of the most interesting distributed systems on the planet. We are a collaborative team of creative and passionate product managers, working with customers to design and build the technology that powers applications that you love like Airbnb, Netflix, Uber, and many more.
We are currently looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager, External Services for our S3 Glacier Product Management team in Seattle to help define new archive features and solutions for S3 customers. In this role, you’ll have complete ownership of several critical customer-facing features that improve customer’s ability to archive their data storage on AWS. You’ll thrive in this role if you love learning about complex systems, love working with technical teams, are inspired by the idea of inventing new solutions on behalf of customers, and have a persistent desire to improve how things are done.
Our team is made up of Product Managers in all stages of their career, from new PMs fresh out of college, to 15-year industry veterans. We work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
As a Sr. Technical Product Manager, External Services, your responsibilities will include:
- Defining and delivering new, significant features in the storage realm at a global scale, including but not limited to capabilities related to Amazon S3 and Glacier
- Transacting your vision through AWS leadership and across AWS service teams
- Owning the strategy and roadmap of features and delivery of outbound messaging
- Partnering with engineering to ensure investment is properly shared across operations and features
- Interfacing with AWS customers in various roles to carry their voice into products and services
- Engaging with software developers and executives
- Authoring or otherwise contributing to AWS customer-facing publications such as narrative papers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical major (e.g., Math, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering), or comparable years of experience
- Several years product management and/or experience in leading teams or products
- Proven experience working directly with customers to both gather new product requirements, and to explain existing product capabilities
- Proven track record of delivering results on large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
- Experience defining customer requirements for complex products or systems
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent.
- 7+ years product management and/or leadership experience in a technology context
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts
- Experience working directly with enterprise customers to both gather new product requirements, and to explain existing product capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, systems engineering, or a related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.