Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are looking for an experienced manager to join the EU grocery team in leading our network capacity.
This role in Supply Chain will own, execute, and scale best in class supply chain long term planning for our grocery business across UK and the EU. This is a manager position running a team of short and long term capacity planners. Capacity planning is a combination of:
- Long term strategic thinking/vision for what our fulfilment network should look like 2-5 years out
- Modelling constraints and areas of opportunity to increase capacity for existing buildings
- Driving financially responsible optimizations in everything from building design to storage density to throughput to real estate choices
- Cross collaboration with multiple stakeholders (commercial, construction, launch teams, local operations, and supply chain) to create the optimal capacity planning for our grocery business
You will be a key decision maker in the long term value proposition of our real estate. This role requires someone who can drive vision, clarity, simplification and impact as our footprint grows. It also requires someone who can lead an effective, high-performing team that is already in place and performing above the bar.
The Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Supply Chain team is responsible for building the next generation supply chain for Amazon’s world-class ultra-fast customer experiences including Amazon Fresh groceries, Sub-Same Day, Amazon Go, and other soon-to-launch exciting new businesses. Come be a part of a 100+ Fulfillment Center and Distribution Center network across North America, Europe and APAC serving customers in as fast as 60 minutes!
Our mission is to support the scalable growth of ultra-fast delivery to our customers while meeting instock, quality, and selection availability goals. If this mission and the challenge of building a new supply chain in an innovative, high-growth environment is exciting to you, then we would love to talk to you!
This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with stakeholders in DC/FC operations, technology, retail, and finance, while having the ability to work independently with all levels of leadership and to exercise sound judgment.
About our team
Our team is data obsessed and see experiment delivery as successes. We have a lot of learning to do and big goals to deliver, and we need your help to accelerate our learning curve. We are frugal and scrappy, leveraging existing tech where sufficient and focusing our resources on that which is highest-value. We will have strong bias for action, refuse to accept constraints internal or external, and need to move fast to solve problems; but we must do so while maintaining the highest standards to best serve our customers. Our team values diversity of thought, symmetry of information, and inclusion, and is looking to build a team of strong Amazonians and great humans.
About you and the role
You are someone who is willing to roll up your sleeves. The pay-off is high ownership, an ability to deliver results, an awesome variety in what we work on at any one time and the ability to grow in role. You love diving deep and using data to identify opportunities and guide improvements. You will interact closely with the business and operations teams to identify/manage long term capacity decision making and drive efficiency improvements throughout the supply chain.
This role reports into the Grocery Supply Chain Planning & Execution lead for UK/EU.
- Track record of leading and managing a team of diverse individuals with strong bias for action
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to seamlessly work across functional and organizational boundaries, and has a reputation for influencing others and earning trust across levels and organizations
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- 5+ years of experience in a Supply Chain, Operations environment
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage change in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with VP level stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in a physical retail operations environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.