Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
In Amazon Product Knowledge Team, we want to build a comprehensive schematic and semantic constructs that allows us to understand customer’s intent to provide an experience that feel targeted to their shopping missing. It expands beyond factual product characteristics (e.g. resolution of a TV) to the product characteristics our customer’s use in their shopping missions what the product is used for (e.g. baby-proofing), where the product is used (e.g. kitchen), who uses the product (e.g. teenager), when the product is used (e.g. thanksgiving) and opinions about the product (e.g. cute t-shirt). We build scalable solutions that are partially or entirely powered by AI and ML to discover Product Knowledge by mining customer engagements (e.g. search queries, customer reviews, web pages … etc.).
We have multiple positions for Software Engineers who are excited to work in big data challenges. We are looking for engineers to come up with design and build necessary platforms and solutions to enable various data science and analytics capabilities including; web scale ontology creation, entity recognition, improving data quality, natural language processing, discovery of new relationships along with its semantic, knowledge inferencing and enhancement to support strategic and tactical decision-making. Our engineers are expected to take ownership and drive solutions from developing prototypes, design to coding, testing and deployment.
Our engineers are free to choose the most cutting-edge technologies to meet the requirements. Some of the technologies we use in our existing systems include NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and Sable, SWF, Elastic Search etc. It is an opportunity to closely work with and learn from Senior and Principal engineers across different Orgs.
Our software engineers work closely with data and applied scientists so that together we build state of the art solutions to automatically aggregate and produce high quality data and knowledge. Our solutions provide the necessary guidance on how to identify and address products gaps along with semantic relationships between products everywhere on earth. Also our engineers work in partnerships with teams across Amazon to make sure we create benefits to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ professional experience in software development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, and describe software product features
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle.
- Experience providing design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and related infrastructure.
- Experience working with relational, graph and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.