Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Pay team is looking for a Principal Product Manager to open new vertical opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role is a creative and customer-obsessed, highly analytical and comfortable diving into data, with strong UX, technical and business judgement, a knack for operating in ambiguous problem spaces and a demonstrated ability to influence across teams.
Key job responsibilities
Product Managers at Amazon Pay are entrepreneurs at heart. They are curious about our customers problems and love listening to them, and they own their product’s performance.
This role requires strong comfort with data and attention to detail, the ability to work independently and with primary stakeholders to solve complex large-scale issues, the skill to lead without authority, the ability to design solutions to various problems, and excellent communication skills at all levels. In this role, you will be responsible for setting the strategy and framework for bill payments in North America , working with various payment aggregators, billers and other partner channels to increase selection and build a delightful payment experience for customers across web, mobile and Alexa. You will own the tech roadmap to implement these solutions as well as the Amazon Pay roadmap for Alexa 3P skill and delivery notifications. You will manage complex go-to-market prioritization and trade-off decisions, oversee product launches, operating performance, profitability improvement and risk. You will drive the portfolio growth in terms of product/feature development, marketing, business development, operations, fraud/risk and data science, collaborating closely with finance, legal, public policy and compliance
About the team
Amazon Pay is a high growth startup business within Amazon. Started in 2015, Amazon Pay is now available in 18 countries, allowing buyers to leverage Amazon’s trusted, convenient, and rewarding wallet for 3rd party purchase experiences online, in-store, and with Alexa.
- Bachelors Degree
- 10 Years + experience
- Quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, especially at being able to diagnose root cause of issues and dependencies
- Skilled at working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver on the solutions
- Have led cross-functional teams across areas including Product, Tech, Design, Legal, Business Development and Finance.
- Leadership presence with ability to communicate with senior executives and manage discussions to reach actionable conclusions
- Prior experience managing a product and project management in relevant industries
- Experience managing a B2C services (e.g. loyalty, rewards , retail channels, including P&L, regulatory and legal obligations, risk management
- Experience in e-commerce, web-based technology products and/or payment services
- Experience in running product experiments and applying product analytics to decision making
- Understanding and practice with product management methodologies, especially those that support agile software development environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.