Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Role can be based out of London or Luxembourg
Global Procurement Operations (GPO) is looking for a customer-obsessed Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join the team and support our global fulfillment network. Having actionable analytics is part of our culture and we insist on timely, accurate, scalable and actionable business intelligence. This role will be part of GPO’s BI organization that partners closely with multiple business teams across GPO and Amazon Operations. A successful candidate should be able to cope with a fast pace environment, work on multiple deliverables and in parallel, be comfortable with prioritizing efficiently and communicating progress and blockers in an effective manner.
Key job responsibilities
Manage a portfolio of BI solutions related to Procurement Operations, work with multiple stakeholders and communicate effectively progress and blockers with the project team and sponsors.
• Identify high impact business problems and present written recommendations on solutions that will drive the future of GPO.
• Design and own processes that are customer centric and will improve the operational efficiency.
• Develop ETL jobs and analytical layers that require in depth knowledge in scripting and OLAP concepts.
• Develop optimized scripts and visualizations that are fast and easy to comprehend.
• Own development practices and increase contribute to improving them; solution design, development, validation and documentation practices.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• 7+ years of relevant experience in the following areas: business intelligence and data analytics.
• 7+ years of experience in scripting languages such as Python, R, Bash or similar languages with applications for data analysis.
• 7+ years of experience in SQL scripting, ETL, database architecture and OLAP concepts.
• Proficiency in data visualization and dashboard building (Tableau, Power Pivot, QuickSight).
• Experience with AWS services including Glue, Lambda etc.
• Proven ability in developing new KPI for the business.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Experience in mentoring and training peers on complex technical issues.
• Experience with ML is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (MSSQL, SSIS).
• Experience with software coding practices.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.