Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Prime Air is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Safety Program Manager to oversee safety of design, operations and compliance. This role supports Prime Air’s mission by developing, managing, and improving processes and programs required by global aviation regulations and Amazon policy.
Key job responsibilities
• Identify safety requirements for domestic and
international autonomous air vehicles
• Writing or reviewing safety requirement
specifications, safety management verification and
• Perform and direct deep dive analysis to help
resolve ambiguous safety questions
• Apply formal safety analysis methods such as risk
assessment, FMEDA, fault-tree analysis
• Driving projects to closure; ensuring that systems
can be manufactured, deployed, maintained, and
meet regulatory requirements for certification
• Provide safety and compliance guidance, and
oversight to other Prime Air teams
• Develop relevant and informative metrics and
present them to leadership
• Drive a culture of safety and compliance at Prime
Air and Amazon.
• 5+ years’ experience in aviation design and operations safety and compliance
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
• Master of Science
• Subject matter expertise in aviation safety, aviation laws and regulations in domestic and international legal frameworks
• 2+ years project management experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.