Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to join the India Returns Experience team (RCX). The India RCX team is focused on increasing self-service/effortlessness of returns, drive transparency in our returns processes and improve financial sustainability. This role would lead analytics, data infrastructure and automated reporting for key strategic priorities for India RCX.
This person will own ideation, feedback, development, delivery, and management of analytics solutions that are both scalable and need minimum upkeep effort after delivery. The person will need to effectively communicate across hierarchy and be self-motivated to raise the bar on deriving insights from analytics and identify opportunities to delight the customers.
The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and high paced environment. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and driven to provide insightful and timely information to customers. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively to ensure timelines are met. There is always room to make things better so this candidate should also have the ability to invent and simplify. Lastly, the candidate should have an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Key job responsibilities
This person will own the production and delivery of suite of analytics reports and dashboards used by the organization to make key business decisions. This will involve:
1. Build the data structure, transformation processes, load jobs in Redshift and data processing and presentation in Excel
2. Build a view of the customers shopping journey across the site and identify opportunities for driving cart building
3. Extract selection attributes, build a data store in Redshift and leverage an ML model to determine the selection strategy
4. Debugging report issues and unblocking workflows
5. Communicating with the Product team and customers to provide status updates, etc.
6. Publishing detailed automated dashboards
7. Creating the report requires extracting & transforming data from tables and loading it into tables with an optimized data structure
Tools used include:
1. SQL (Redshift)
2. ETL tools (internal)
1. Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
2. Demonstrated ability with Data-warehousing, database administrator roles, database migration. Familiarity with AWS infrastructure and S3 usage is a plus.
3. Strong SQL/VBA/Access skills across multiple platforms such as Oracle, Redshift, and MySQL
4. Familiarity with Datanet/ ETL tools (internal)
5. Strong experience in dash-boarding using Tablue/PowerBI/Excel/PowerPivots. Familiarity with R to enhance dashboards is a plus.
6. Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g., VB Script, Python, Perl, Ruby)
7. Strong communication skill and team player.
8. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload.
1. Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics
2. 4+ years industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large dataset with a technology company or financial institution.