Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Want to change the lives of millions of readers by making it easy to discover books and get more out of reading? As a Product Designer on the Community Trust and Engagement pillar, you’ll work in a highly collaborative environment with product management, engineering, data science, policy experts, customer service experts, and design to understand and deliver experiences that delight our community of readers.
Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, and we have over 100 million members. You’ll design experiences that help our members find books they’ll love and get more out of them, and engage in a safe community of readers.
Key job responsibilities
• Own design experiences that serve all of our consumers while contributing to a design system.
• Design ways to enhance our customer’s ability to engage in the community and develop their reading identity in a way that delights them, wherever they are.
• Create user-centered designs that incorporate customer feedback, user research, data, market trends and technical constraints.
• Create flows, wireframes, design mockups, rapid prototypes to effectively conceptualize, prove out, and deliver on exceptional product experiences.
• Own the design direction for our customer centered products and craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
• Drive user research projects to develop the understanding of the customer and validate design choices before and after development.
• Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
• Partner with product management and engineering teams to define roadmaps and prioritize requirements.
• Develop scalable and flexible design frameworks to maintain clean and simple designs and customer interactions.
• Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
A day in the life
Goodreads is currently reimagining our products and brand. In this role, you will help the team define a vision for growing our business and continually identify new opportunities to deliver value to all of our customers – readers, authors, and publisher/advertiser partners.
You will be responsible for customer experiences from member onboarding, settings and profile, friending, social feed, reviews and discussions, groups, to integrations with world-class Amazon products, Kindle, Audible, and more. You’ll design across all touch points including web, iOS and Android apps, and emails.
About the team
You will be joining the Design Team at Goodreads. The team is diverse in skillset and includes UX Research, Product, Brand, and Marketing Design. We are on a mission to drastically improve the customer experience and think holistically about the Reader’s journey.
Product Design at Goodreads brings together the practices of interaction design, visual design, and related disciplines into a single, user-centric design role. Our designers are generalists who translate user insights and business needs into product experiences that delight, generate visual concepts that exceed expectations, and work with developers to deliver those concepts with a high level of quality.
• 5+ years experience in product design or similar role.
• Experience designing cross-surface with an emphasis on mobile (Desktop, Responsive, iOS, Android, Emails).
• A portfolio of work showcasing design competencies and process.
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
• Experience with a variety of design and prototype tools such as Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
• Experience working with a design system.
• Strong visual and interaction design skills.
• Solid understanding of information architecture.
• Experience with key aspect of the design process from problem definition, ideation, testing and feedback, to building up fidelity for delivery and documentation.
• Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
• Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
• A clear understanding of user-centered design processes.
• Experience designing for consumer-facing and ad-supported products.
• Ability to create prototypes in Figma, Principle, InVision, or similar.
• Experience with design thinking and/or design sprints.
• Experience designing for an international audience.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $117,725 -$160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.