Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
It’s truly Day 1 for our team in AWS. This is your opportunity to be a founding member of a new team that’s building a suite of AWS Apps and Services to tackle a huge new problem space. You’ll be an integral part of building services that leverage cutting edge AWS technologies like SageMaker, Forecast, Athena, QuickSight, Glue, and more. As an early member of the team, you’ll wear many hats. You’ll help design the overall architecture, contribute to the product vision, and establish the technology processes and practices that will lay the groundwork for the organization as it grows.
An ideal candidate is an experienced Support Engineer with a development and/or operations background who can lead activities on a growing team. The candidate should be able to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems, partner with development teams on complex issues, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, and work with leadership on process improvement or strategic initiatives.
This team is a great fit for you if
- You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
- You’d like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
- You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development and/or software support experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Previous experience supporting/developing distributed systems or cloud native applications
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development and/or software support experience
- Proficiency with ETL tools such as AWS Glue
- Experience with Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience in managing full application stack from the OS up through custom applications
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing cloud native applications is a plus
- Additional Locations include: Seattle, WA; Arlington,VA and Austin, TX
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.