Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about creating the best buying AND selling experience on the internet? Would you enjoy being able to tell your friends your team shipped code that made buying on Amazon easier and safer in your first few weeks? As a Software Development Engineer within the Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) organization you will be actively working on systems and features that accomplish this for buyers and sellers on Amazon.com every day.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer with deep technical expertise, strong communication skills, and a willingness to learn to join the Core Relations team. The Core Relations team employs agile development practices to build systems that identify and eliminate bad actors to ensure Amazon is a trusted place for buyers and selling partners. You will face a diverse set of problems requiring you to build software systems to capture billions of customer relationships, leverage graph clustering and statistical modeling techniques to make use of relationship data, and utilize cutting-edge cloud computing services to build high availability distributed systems that can scale to massive levels. This is a space with plenty of opportunity for growth where you will be encouraged to innovate and contribute towards the long-term vision and architecture.
Why It’s Important
Amazon is known as the world leader in ecommerce – if you buy from Amazon you just know it will be a perfect experience. A fact that not everyone is aware of is that nearly 50% of all sales on Amazon.com are fulfilled by third party sellers. It is the Core Relations team’s responsibility to identify and eliminate bad actors to ensure Amazon is a trusted place to launch, grow, and buy every brand. The team wakes up each day driven to ensure our buyers and selling partners are confident in the Amazon shopping experience.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems at incredible scale and speed.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experienced with building high volume, low latency distributed systems in production.
- Experience closely interacting with machine learning scientists or applied data scientists