Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customers of all industries and sizes gain the best value and service from AWS? AWS Enterprise Support, Technical Account Managers (TAM) support our customers’ creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Big Data, Application-level Services, Networking, Serverless, Deployment, Security and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and ‘voice of the customer’ to organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises.
As a TAM, you will help craft and execute strategies to drive our customers’ adoption and use of AWS services, including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, CloudFront CDN, IoT, and many more. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent AWS within a customer’s environment, and drive discussions with senior leadership regarding incidents, trade-offs, support and risk management.
You will provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions using best practices, and proactively keep your customers’ AWS environments operationally healthy. The close relationships developed with your customers will allow you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from AWS. This position will require the ability to travel 10% or more as needed.
The TAM is the centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers. If you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
A day in the life
The AMER-PS TAM team exists to provide proactive world-class support to Americas Public Sector customers by building technical relationships with all levels within the customer, from engineers to C-level executives. We enable the customer to focus on their mission rather than the undifferentiated heavy lifting. We do this through delivering the Enterprise Support product which removes roadblocks to ensure the customer’s mission success via the AWS platform.
About the hiring group
The Americas Public Sector (AMER-PS) Enterprise Support team is comprised of Technical Account Managers (TAMs) and Enterprise Support Managers (ESMs) who hail from various Public Sector backgrounds. We seek a diverse talent pool with different technical backgrounds, perspectives and experiences to shepherd our Enterprise Support customers through their cloud journey. Public Sector entities often operate differently than Commercial/private sector in the ways they procure, adopt, accredit, and deploy technology. Our emphasis on serving these customers and their specific needs allows tailoring the Enterprise Support product to best suit them.
In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson)
- 2+ years of technical engineering experience
- Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for one (1) of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline requiredAmazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. .
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- 2+ years of technical engineering experience
- Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for two (2) or more of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
- Experience in Informational Technology operations
- Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
- Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
- Experience in a 24×7 operational services or support environment
- Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
- Federal/DoD Clearances
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.