Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history?
We are seeking a creative, goal-oriented and highly technical person to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We are focused on growing and developing a smart assortment of brands, with the best possible shopping experience for our customers. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative BI Engineer that will enable Amazon Brazil growth through implementation and support of business intelligence solutions and selection programs. He/she will bring insights to the businesses teams and drivers for decision making, will support Retail selection growth by owning complex reporting and managing structural changes in tables and concepts. This role is both a strategic and hands-on role.
It requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, knowledge of business intelligence solutions, as well as outstanding business acumen and the ability to work with quantitative and business teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and driven by a desire to innovate in this space.
In this role you will be responsible for solving complex and analytical challenges that produce critical business insights. The ideal candidate has a deep business acumen, an a deep analytical background with business understanding, and earns trust by delivering results.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
- Work closely with the team to understand business challenges and provide data/analysis for better decision making.
- Assist in the development of key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
- Build self-service reporting platforms, establishing automated processes for large scale data analysis.
- Understand and write high quality queries to retrieve and analyze data.
- Define analytical approaches and metrics strategy to uncover new insights and formulate recommendations that improve productivity.
- Manage the local data infra-structure, as well as work with Global teams to assure data is consistent and accurate.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and hires qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, computer, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or similar quantitative field or certificate of completion.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management in a business intelligence environment.
- 5+ years experience in using and in order to develop hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, data modelling, and scientific methods using large-scale databases in a business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, from business to technical teams (English).
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail and work independently.
- Able to talk on technical level with developers.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications.
- English is a must.
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, advertising, or media would be an advantage.
- Experience using EC2/AWS on a professional level.
- Track record of managing and troubleshooting technical projects.
- Experience with unstructured databases, public available datasets or data quality troubleshooting would be an advantage.
- Naturally curious.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and work well in an ambiguous environment with competing demands.
- Creativity and Analytical problem solving skills, passionate about operational excellence.