Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you have a passion for customers and want to build brands and products that address their needs? Then please consider this role we are opening to support an exciting, high-profile, new initiative in EU Consumables Private Brands.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, customer-obsessed, results driven and analytical Senior Product Manager to join the team, who will own product development incl. vendor sourcing and negotiation, ongoing category management (from customer insights to launch and management of product relaunches and slow mover stock management) as well as the P&L for the categories in scope.
You must possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. The successful candidate possesses superb business judgment, with a track record of successful negotiations and team collaboration. The ideal candidate is a smart, hard-working and creative person who loves solving challenging problems and ‘getting it done’. The candidate should feel comfortable dealing with high ambiguity and working in an entrepreneurial environment which is building a new business from scratch (incl. finding new suppliers). The geographic scope of the role is initially DE focused, but with potential to scale Pan-EU and globally. The candidate will work closely with the EU PB leadership, EU category teams and Global Private Brands teams.
Preferred location for this role is Munich.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing consumer products for Amazon’s own brands (Identify respective products and suppliers, negotiate cost T&Cs, ensure outstanding quality and timely launch)
- Delivering top and bottom line growth for categories in scope, analyzing key P&L metrics, implementing actions to improve product performance and supply chain efficiency
- Understanding market trends, customer insights and building business cases for new product opportunities
- Identifying, negotiating with and onboarding vendors to add selection in line with our tenets
- Managing vendor relationships on an ongoing basis
- Managing the end-to-end product lifecycle
- Partnering with international, retail, channel and cross-functional teams to target major selection- and profitability gaps
- Invent & Simplify processes to ensure selected ASINs can be launched multichannel
- Improving customer experience, by developing actionable insights based on customer feedback, and developing creative strategies to increase outreach of products
- Managing and influencing key stakeholders, including the commercialization team, instock management, marketing and business intelligence, finance, legal, product compliance, as well as external partners
- Multiple years of work experience in buying, sales, project or product management and/or marketing
- University degree, preferably in business or analytical discipline
- Proven analytical, project management and organizational skills, managing and executing large projects from start to finish
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, influence across a large, multi-faceted organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English and German
- Ability to work with high ambiguity, set-backs and being motivated by creating new processes where necessary.
- Prior experience in brand management or product development
- Prior offline grocery/food retail experience (especially in Germany)
- Basic understanding of and experience with (German) customer purchase behavior
- MBA from leading business school
- Ability to write SQL queries
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.