Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Tax Program Office is looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented Portfolio Manager to own programs and mechanisms that enables the Tax Tech Organization to be most efficient with its customers both within and outside of Tax. We design, develop, and mange organizational wide mechanisms for Tax Tech, a fast growing organization.
As the Portfolio Manager, you will own and drive the following mechanisms: Quarterly Business Review (QBR – a key mechanism to regularly monitor key business metrics), the Roadmap across sub teams, a Global Tax Intake process, the OP1 process (the annual planning cycle for Tax Tech), as well as other communication strategies as the team continues to evolve. For each of these, you will oversee the mechanism and drive standardization, automation, timeliness, accuracy, and flexibility. You will support and consult with Tax Tech across the organization in order to maintain efficiency. You will be responsible for driving improvements, adoptions, customer satisfaction, and success criteria. In this role, you will need to balance the urgent needs of all stakeholders and make decisions in the best interest of the organization, often under conflicting interests. You will display a high level of ownership and accountability, and bring top-level oversight of team processes.
The ideal candidate brings strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills to support the strategic and analytical needs of the growing Tax Tech portfolio group. This is a high business impact role for a candidate who is passionate about the operations of a business, helping ensure that the portfolio team has the tools and enablers to deliver to customers.
Key job responsibilities
• Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
• Manages dashboards, providing insights and partnership with our leaders to help look around the corner and plan for the future.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner.
• Adjusts style for various leadership levels to articulate complex issues clearly.
• Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify all processes, including business metric processes
• Acts as a business partner to the Tax Tech team, providing insights to help shape the strategy of the business. Be comfortable with leading difficult conversations as needed.
• Cross collaborate with technical and non-technical departments to drive innovation in processes and tools
• Earn trust of senior leaders by driving predictability on the operational cadence.
• Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them
• Flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have the customer experience firmly as the focus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience business operations management
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams Master’s degree in business, finance, or equivalent
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• Experience with communicating effectively with the VP level and below
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze quantitatively and effectively prioritize program deliverables
• Strong ability to work with ambiguity, and can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture
• Strong excel experience with the ability to conduct analysis of complex data and translate the results to actionable deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to develop business analytics that help a professional services organization operate smoothly, with views that will meet the needs of other business partners (Tax and Cross Functional teams)
• Proven track record oft taking ownership and driving results; Operational excellence mindset and data driven
• Success working across organizational boundaries and bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
• Experience preparing and leading state of the business documents and presentations
• Proven ability to think clearly in ambiguous situations and make unbiased decisions
• Comfortable making data-based recommendations to senior leadership
• Comfortable working in a continuously expanding program or line of business