Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Workforce Intelligence (WFI) team is looking for a Software Engineer to help us define and build the future of high-volume hiring analytics. You will play a critical role in the design and implementation of a strategic product for Amazon and help connect millions of applicants with professional opportunities at Amazon. You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about new technology trends, and believe that state-of-the-art product is critical to customer success
Key job responsibilities
As an SDE on the team, you will be responsible for leading development and launch of some of the core product features to help with processing analytics at scale. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. Commitment to team work and strong communication skills (business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. A strong candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
About the team
The vision of WFI is to design the ideal workforce to meet the customer promise anywhere. This organization leads and influences global workforce strategies that enable Amazon to scale more efficiently while also providing a unique voice for the hourly workforce.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we work with you to determine how to achieve that balance because we believe that one size does not fit all.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at WFI, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We are constantly creating avenues that allow each one of us to be a part of Amazon’s employee led community groups. Within the team as well, we have an employee led group that leads efforts on employee engagement and activities. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring, design discussions, and code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
• 1+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• 1+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design.
• 1+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience developing software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $93.8k – $160k/yr however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers sites.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.