Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will scope, plan and deliver projects contributing to the Ring family of products and services. You will be working with a talented team of implementation engineers and product and program managers, strategically managing project implementations from development stage to mass production. You will complete high-quality programs on time, while motivating team members and driving continuous improvement throughout the process.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across disparate groups with varied priorities.
- Partner with cross functional teams from inside and outside of Ring (Blink, Lab126, and Amazon Devices) to support planning, development and roll out of new products.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project and program information to local and remote stakeholders.
- Define and track priorities and critical tasks, organize and run program and production meetings.
About the team
We plan and manage, software app development, hardware development, cross-team integration, and development with external groups. We work from concept stage to launch, and then provide on-going support and management of enhancements. We take accountability for projects and deliver results. We are a critical part of software and hardware development process and are accountable for successful product launches and ongoing support. Our team is growing fast and is looking for new talent and ideas to increase our capabilities and solve new challenges.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 2+ years of technical program management experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing technical projects in IoT consumer product environment
- 3+ years writing and analyzing functional specifications, developing project schedules and coordinating multiple stakeholders to deliver projects on time and within budget
- 3+ years analyzing and solving problems in embedded or networked systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to successfully engage technical and non-technical stakeholders. Ability to succinctly summarize key findings
- Experience in software development (Embedded, Application, Cloud)
- Inter-organization software development skills
- Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize critical tasks with a high attention to detail
- Experience driving execution of vision and goals for the team
- Smart about choosing between fast and right
- Strong meeting management and negotiating skills
- Proven ability to manage and develop high performing teams
- Experience with MS Project, Atlassian SCM Suite (Confluence /JIRA) helpful
- Experience working with senior management and customer support teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.