Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a self-motivated, personable and detail-oriented events senior manager to join the analyst relations (AR) team. As an events senior leader, you will be responsible for driving the analyst relations event strategy and content, planning process and execution for very large virtual and in-person events globally in connection with the marketing agenda, with a specific focus on re:Invent, in partnership with the leader, Corporate Analysts Relations. The candidate will be able to balance strategic thinking, content alignment and executional excellence. This role requires superior program management, time management, problem-solving, and interpersonal and influence skills. The candidate should be extremely detail-oriented and have experience in planning, supporting, and executing events of all sizes, both virtual and in-person- events. This role is hands on, requiring someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done. They will be very comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, and lean on their exemplary program and management skills, excellent communication skills, and ability to prioritize high priority tasks. They will manage budgets and timelines, and oversee a variety of workstreams to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality experience. The candidate must be strategic, understand the important of impactful content, understand how to navigate across different executive personalities, flourish in an operational mindset, and be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take action without having to know the complete picture. The candidate will also be an important part of defining and executing the future vision for Analyst Relations events. The candidate will manage a team of high-performing events professionals.
Position will be located in an Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office based in the following locations: Seattle, WA (HQ); Arlington, VA (HQ2); San Francisco, CA; Sunnyvale, CA; Irvine, CA; Portland, OR; Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; New York, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; Herndon, VA; Washington, DC; Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA; only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
Key job responsibilities
• Build a rolling 12-month events calendar aligned to analyst relations team desired outcomes, key programs, and business objectives
• Help to build a comprehensive event content and channel strategy aligned with desired marketing and customer outcomes
• Explore best-in-class tools for event production virtual and in-person
• Create comprehensive event project plans, conduct regular checkpoints with deliverable owners, escalate risks and challenges appropriately and ensure event is delivered on time and on budget
• Manage agency relationships and production to execute events at the highest level
• Drive creation of live, recorded, and on-demand event content
• Lead live event recordings, speaker preparations, session recording, and event moderation activities
• Build processes for repeatability and scalability of events activities
• Think big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches to constantly improve the customer experience
• Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements
• Drive and deliver best practice documents and process improvement documents
• Influence and align with key stakeholders globally on event strategies and content
About the team
• 10+ years of events and channel experience in a technology environment
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or a relevant field of study.
• 7+ years of content development for events aligned to stakeholder goals
• event and channel experience delivering on live and virtual event programs (500+ attendees) that align to the customer journey and stakeholder goals
• 7+ years facilitating cross-functional interactions to create, plan, and execute events
• 7+ years managing event budgets including POs and invoicing
• Capability to move easily between generating big, creative ideas, and driving ongoing process improvement
• Excellent writer
• Ability to influence at different levels across stakeholder groups
• Strong relationship building capabilities
• Proven analytical and data-driven decision-making capabilities
• Experience working cross-functionally across multiple teams and disciplines
• Analytical thinking shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
• Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
• Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $164,100 – $222,000/yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. . Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.