Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to work on a product that can do the following?:
- Access petabytes of data in single-digit milliseconds
- Replicate tables across continents
- Stream terabytes of data updates per hour continuously
- Back up hundreds of terabytes of data in seconds
- Encrypt petabytes of data with no performance degradation
Amazon DynamoDB is a NoSQL database service that does all this and more. DynamoDB is a key-value and document database that delivers single-digit-millisecond performance at any scale. DynamoDB can store petabytes of customer data and handle peaks of more than 20 million requests per second.
As a fast growing service at the core of the AWS Cloud, our business and engineering decisions have widespread impact across AWS, Amazon, and beyond. Many of the world’s fastest growing businesses, such as Lyft, Airbnb, and Redfin, as well as enterprises, such as Samsung, Toyota, and Capital One, depend on the scale and performance of DynamoDB to support their mission-critical workloads.
DynamoDB is one of the largest distributed database systems in the world, and we continue to believe it is Day 1 for the DynamoDB business. We are constantly improving and adding new capabilities to DynamoDB, and we are looking for a deeply technical, team-first software development engineer to push DynamoDB even further.
DynamoDB engineers are constantly challenged to think of unique and innovative solutions. The quality bar is high. As an engineer here, you will work on the hardest engineering problems in distributed systems at a massive scale and on multiple dimensions. You will exercise your intellectual curiosity, work with motivated teams of sharp individuals, and get insightful guidance from senior and principal engineers.
This is a hands-on position in which you will own everything from end to end: requirements gathering, designs, design reviews, implementations, code reviews, incremental feature launches, operations, mentoring, and the driving of continuous improvement.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer minority / women / disability / veteran / gender identity / sexual orientation / age.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree based on three or more years of work experience for every one year of education
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Two or more years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems or web services
- Experience with relational and nonrelational database systems
- Experience delivering projects as part of an agile software development team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills