Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is launching a new service and we need a Software Engineer to help deliver v1 of this new product. Responsibilities will include working with the technical leadership of the team to define the architecture and implement and launch the new service.
In this role, you will own significant portions of the service and deliver major pieces of the system. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define features, drive system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality v1 release. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requires exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years software development experience in C, C++ and/or Java in Linux and/or Windows environment
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com