Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
As a Lab support technician, you will be responsible for performing various tasks throughout the facility. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced, start-up like environment. To be successful you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing the highest standards of execution.
Key job responsibilities
- Operation of environmental test chambers (Thermal cycling, vacuum, HALT/HASS)
- Install instrumentation on various types of hardware and fixtures
- Execute electronic test procedures for component and system level testing
- Receive shipments and coordinate deliveries with recipients (Using forklifts, pallet jacks, etc)
- Update and repair electrical assemblies and subsystems
- Assemble tooling and assist with equipment maintenance.
New hires will need to meet the following criteria:
- Valid Driver’s License and able to satisfy Amazon driver eligibility criteria
- Must have Amazon.com certified forklift training (or be willing to be trained)
- Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
- With or without reasonable accommodation, be able to lift up to 49 pounds on some occasions, stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours (with breaks), and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Minimum 1 year working in test lab or manufacturing environment, using basic hand tools
- At least 1 year operational Aerospace, Aviation, or Automotive experience
- Previous vibration test experience using a electrodynamic shaker
- Previous thermal vacuum test experience
- Experience performing shipping/receiving operations
- Experience installing instrumentation such as accelerometers, strain gauges, thermocouples, etc.
- Understanding of 5S
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.