Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The vision of Workforce Intelligence (WFI) is to design the ideal workforce to meet the customer promise anywhere. This organization leads and influences global workforce strategies that enable Amazon to scale more efficiently while also providing a unique voice for the hourly workforce. This is accomplished through a variety of science initiatives, KPIs and reporting, predictive modeling, and data engineering. Amazon’s mission is to be the most customer centric company in the world and Workforce Staffing (WFS), the organization responsible for hourly associate hiring globally, is on the front lines of that mission and will be your core customer in this role.
In the Workforce Staffing Organization, Candidate Intelligence (CI) team leads the modeling practice to influence global workforce strategies. This Research Scientist will lead the research where we are responsible for developing solutions to understand the preferences of our candidates and the predictors for long term retention of associates and to optimize alignment between candidate and job using those insights.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver large or critical solutions to candidate matching and segmentation problems in the support of WFI goals.
- Guide the technical approach for the design and implementation of successful models and algorithms.
- Conduct, direct, and coordinate all phases of research projects, demonstrating skill in all stages of the research process, including defining key questions, recommending measures, working with multiple data sources, evaluating methodology and design, executing plans, interpreting and communicating results.
- Create proof concept implementations of new models and techniques.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design and implement software solutions for science problems.
- Review research papers, algorithms, models, and code.
- Contribute to progress of the Amazon and broader research communities by producing publications.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
- Ph.D./M.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of applied research experience
- 2+ years experience defining research and development practices in an applied environment
- 2+ years experience reviewing research papers, algorithms, and code
- Advanced proficiency with at least one coding language for modeling, such as R, Python, Java, etc.
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-technical stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in implementing, maintaining, and running statistical models.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in prototyping, developing, and implementing solutions in programming languages (Python, Java, or C++).
- 5+ years of experience in database programming skills and comfort with large datasets.
- Familiarity with Agile practices.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 132,200 – $160,000 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.