Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking an Operations Specialist with experience with Data Analyst, Operational Planning to work within its London based Fashion studio. In this highly visible role, they will be responsible for reporting on business metrics, analysation of key data, trending results and be able to explain what it all means to key stakeholders – ranging from managers, associates to creative leads
The successful candidate will be an expert with analysing large data sets and have impeccable communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to every detail. They must also have the ability to manage multiple assignments and people simultaneously whilst delivering on complex data sets.
In addition to providing valuable insight into our customers, this person will work extensively with Amazon product management teams, Regional Studio Managers, technical teams, finance, and operations to help grow the business.
Working with data you will need to create and maintain clear effective reports, data visualizations and can partner with core stake holders to answer key business questions with data to support. You will be the bridge between the creative and operational teams, as such strong interpersonal skills are a must have. Main responsibilities are including but not limited to..
- Using technical expertise, take ownership of the operational reporting processes to ensure that each report is accurate and timely with a high degree of business based focus in resolving data discrepancies.
- Provide data management processes such as accessing raw data feeds, building queries and macros, writing VBA code etc.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards etc. that present ‘status-at-a-glance’ visualization business performance.
- Develop, implement, and automate processes to collect and manage usage data from multiple sources.
- Partner with internal stake holders and core business teams to analyse and provide ad-hoc reporting.
- Derive insights from business based feedback and usage data and provide input into new reporting developments
- Manage related KPIs to measure, control, and benchmark reporting processes.
- Deep diving into root causes behind data results and take corrective actions to drive improvements.
- Support p/solving measures studio wide to support the continuous improvement of studio productivity and quality.
- Relevant experience in data analytics, working with large-scale, complex data sets including data warehousing, techniques and technology or comparable consumer analytics solutions.
- Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and SQL Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools such SQL, VBA and presentation tools such Power Point, Excel, Tableau.
- Operations based experience in a multi-national environment.
- Graduate with a Degree Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Actuary or related.
- Proficient with Data Warehouse reporting and query design
- Advanced VBA knowledge
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work productively and efficiently in an independent setting
- Proven ability to clearly communicate with managers and associates at all levels
- Global perspective and solid understanding of business objectives
- Initiative to develop tools, data collection processes, and data management systems
- or business intelligence business intelligence tools
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.