Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Are you interested in working in a team that is changing the way Amazon customers enjoy music? We are looking for smart, motivated Software Development Engineers who can help take the service to new heights. If you have experience building large-scale, high-performance, customer-friendly products and are interested in designing multi tier services to handle a huge dataset, this is the job for you.
Our innovative systems include high efficient and large scale platform built on Amazon’s cloud computing infrastructure. For this position you will have a strong background in OO design with C++/Java. Experience working with WebServices, XML, Apache services is desired. Linux system development experience is a plus. Equally important to these specific skills is the ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems.
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products.
You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals.
You are excited about the opportunity to engage in developing a top notch consumer web application and user experience.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of development experience at least two or more of the following languages (Java, Python and Perl) •
• Expertise in object oriented design and design patterns
• Experience releasing highly scalable enterprise products full lifecycle
• Experience mentoring and training others on complex technical issues
• Experience with implementing algorithms to solve complex real world problems
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• MS in Computer Science
• A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments with deep dive analytical skills
• Experience in algorithm design, System Design and problem solving
• Experience with Amazon technologies like DynamoDB, SWF is highly desirable
• Have previous backend system development experience
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly usable web interfaces
• Technical Lead experience exploring other open-source frameworks and technologies and integrating with project
• Experience leading small teams of engineers
• A love for music